1. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or details from Checkout.com, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
- For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
- For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Partnership to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- For example, we will use your purchase history to send you personalised offers. - We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
- We will also potentially use your address details to send you direct physical marketing by post covering products and services that we think might be of interest to you.
We take the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect your data.
We operate secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
We follow all guidelines from our banking gateway providers.
Our website is operated by Shopify.com who regularly monitor their systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. In the case of certain products, such as electrical items, we’ll keep the data for 10 years. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
6. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. This would include examples like delivery couriers or for fraud management, to handle complaints.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy :
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications (marketing emails) with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
To help personalise your journey we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
Recognised and Recognisedstore.com provide a retail shopping experience and to help us personalise your journey and provide the most relevant content we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter - We are displaying targeted adverts based on behaviour and shopping history.
Google - Recognisedstore.com runs Google analytics to monitor site traffic and browser behaviour. AdWords and Google Shopping display products and adverts based on browser behaviour and shopping history.
MailChimp - Our email marketing campaigns and abandon messaging is created in and sent from MailChimp.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
7. BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
8. REQUESTING THE STOP OF USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from Recognised:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- If you have an account, log in via our website, visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your preferences.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
9. DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
11. DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
13. CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form.
14. CONTACTING THE REGULATOR
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them online www.ico.org.uk/concerns
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our customers' satisfaction is our number one priority.
We offer a full refund when the product has not been opened and is unused and a partial refund when the packaging can not be accounted for.
Please note that customers will be responsible for shipping costs.
Any returns must be in the original packaging with proof of purchase.
Products under warranty should be handled with care.
If the products arrive with visible defects, please take photos of them and send them our way. We will reach back out to clear up all the details.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Standard delivery usually takes around 7 business days. Please note that with the state of the global pandemic, orders may arrive later than usual.
If your order hasn't arrived after two weeks, please contact us and we will look into the details.
Products are stocked up on a regular basis.
If a product you want is out of stock, please feel free to shoot us a message with the product you are looking for in the subject line. We will send you a notifications when they are back in stock!